Friday, January 5, 2018

Five on Friday - Jan. 5, 2018

FAST Blog hosts a link up here: 
 http://www.fastblog.es/2018/01/good-riddance-2017.html

It's pretty open to content as long as it is 5 things.  So, I'm back for 2018.

I have a face book page called The Hobby Farm (link here: https://www.facebook.com/The-Hobby-Farm-1729165180630273/)  It is my shop and studio located here at our farm.  I've taught classes in there in the past and Lord willing, this year too.  I started a group on that page for UnFinished Objects (UFO's:
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492796027435837/)

O.K. I said all that to start my 5 on Friday.  Mine are projects I have worked on this week.  So, let's be honest, to work on my UFO's I will have to look for them first.  That is still a part of my 5 projects I worked on and oh my, yikes do I have a lot of stuff!  

1.  Organizing:


In my doing that, it lead to "oh I forgot I had or made that!"  I am teaching a class to a 4-H group next Friday and I found my needle felting - which I had to anyway....but...

2.  Finding projects:


3.  I invited my friend over for lunch and to work on wool projects.  I finished my first UFO - we started together a year ago...


4.  "Design Day" - Shannon (she was the summer intern) wanted me to help her make a tote bag.  I showed her my idea a few weeks back and now we got together to make us each one.  We are calling it "design day" as I was actually working on these sample prototype projects as future 2018 inventory.


5.  Working on needle felting - a redesign for this project I started 6 or 8 years ago...I hope to finish it soon....



I am taking a "break" from my business (but, you can see that's not quite true) to hibernate in January.  Living in Wisconsin with negative temps, that has been easy to do!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment