Monday, January 22, 2018

Motivational Monday - Take 2

From Monday to Monday - during the week, I try to think of something that has happened to write my Motivational Monday post about.  This week, I wasn't feeling it.  Sadly, I heard something someone said...I said...that wasn't true.  In fact, I've not said too much about this something to anyone.  For the record, no one has done anything to me, other than me.  I am sorry if you heard otherwise, it's not true.  I have made some changes, not because of any specific reason, I just wanted to slow down and work on me.  I guess, when you don't say much about something, people tend to  jump to conclusions and start to speculate.  We (me too) shouldn't do that.  We truly don't know what is going on with someone as we aren't them nor walking their path.  

Now, I guess "that" did motivate my looking at my old blog posts on perspective.   I found this one:  Take Another Look - Change Your Perspective - link below.



http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2012/08/take-another-look-change-your.html

(You know, we are all human.  Each with our own path to follow.  Sometimes as we walk along, we may come to a fork or a fallen tree; something obstructing our walk.  Life is like that.  

The decisions we make, our response to these obstructions is what God is interested in.  Each of us have come across things on our path.  I have had several and will continue to have them as long as the Lord is willing to have me here.

My experiences have taught me to have faith in His will for me.  My flesh and reactions sometimes get the better of me and I may not appreciate the trial set before me.   However, I have learned to look back at the path, remember how Jesus has helped me in the past and lean on the faith to overcome the new challenge.  Take a step back....look at the obstacle with new perspective.  With a renewed insight, something beautiful might be set before you.  

"That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."  1 Cor. 2:5)

I don't think I need any more motivation today than that.  I wrote this in 2012 - thinking on that year and what has happened in my life since - "this" is insignificant.  This too shall pass....and I hope to look back at this time of my life as one of self-growth, maturity and hopefully productiveness.  

Should you find yourself at a fork, cross roads or an obstruction in your path, I hope you can think of a time in your past that you overcame a challenge.  Use it as the motivation to change your perspective.  Look at this new trial as a way to improve, learn from and grow.  Just like the one from your past, hang on to hope, have faith as this too shall pass.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:
http://www.create-with-joy.com/2018/01/inspire-me-monday-week-316.html

No comments:

Post a Comment