Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Hodge Podge Wednesday - Mentoring and Weirdness

From This Side of the Pond asks the questions and we answer them here: 
http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2018/01/trending-in-hodgepodge.html


1. January is National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience?

I've had several mentors:  my grandmothers, mother, aunts and sisters.  In business, Kathleen Marquardt, who first hired me to work on auctions for her and her husband Ken - Marquardt Auctions.  Ken and George Woodrich, auctioneers who hired me to do everything in the auction business.  All of these experiences and these 3 individuals guided me into "buying out" estates and conducting estate sales.  I would like to think I mentored not only my children, but the ones in our family, 4H club and school.  I hired a "summer intern" Shannon, who is still working with me and would like to think I am mentoring her in any future estate sale, antique business she would develop on her own.  Just like Kathy did for me.  Mentoring worked for me and is one of the keys to my success. 

2. What current trend makes no sense to you?

I'm not into trends, so I don't even know what is trending...LOL.  I believe in individualism, so if something seems weird to me, I just think..."good for them."

3. I saw a cartoon on facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list?

I must be the weirdest person ever, because all of those would make me happy!  Who doesn't love a new pen?  I keep busy (too busy) so when plans cancel, I'm usually happy to have no plans.  Clean sheets - dreamy!  I bake em' I get em' (corners!!!).  With every load tossed in the dryer, when I clean out the screen..."there was that much dog hair in there?" - am I right?!?  The best coffee is the cup sipped in peace, before the house wakes.  The other weird thing would be...puppy breath...I LOVE the smell of puppy breath!

4. What's the last good thing you ate?

I like to eat, it's all good!  (smile).  However, my friend Joi had us over for a "business" lunch and she made some very good lasagna; 2 meat, layers of cheese, stacked high and delicious!

5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence.

It started with independence, self discovery, true love, marriage, motherhood X 2, farm life - Blessed!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Are you a risk taker or do you play it safe?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment