Thursday, December 7, 2017

Wallowing in "it"....



Please go watch this little snip it of the movie; the beginning of this is what my post is about....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVUigp_JAiQ


4:00 pm - Wallow in self pity
7:00 pm - Wrestle with self loathing

Come on...now, that's funny.  I have been doing both of these lately and Al said...that reminds me of the Grinch!  Yes, it does!  Normally, I don't do this...but, like I've posted it's been a tough year!  However, this is it - my last post about it!  

But, before I move on....I'm allowing myself a little more self pity and loathing.  You know, I think self pity and loathing can do you good as long as you don't stay there.  Reflecting on what isn't working in your life - lamenting about it - wrestling with what to do - uncovering hurt feelings - revelation of your actual support group - dealing with failure - need I say more!  My mantra for this year has become clear to me..."people suck!"  Yep, some do!  

But, what I discovered is.....I'm pretty stinkin strong!  Yep, in dealing with what has been dealt me,  in a, how do I say this..."kind way"....it wasn't easy!  I have mouth on me...I recently saw a t-shirt that said "I love Jesus, but I cuss a bit" - I would love to buy that, but I don't need to advertise my lack of self control!  

So, this is it, I've allowed myself time to reflect, lament and now it is time to change and take from 2017's lessons.  I am in the process of an on-line-class; Life Under Construction by Allison M. Liddle  https://www.allisonliddle.com/.  I want to end my post with a paragraph from her book that sums up where I am at - so I can move on:

"Finding supportive people on your journey can be tough.  When I was in some of my life's most transformational periods, I actually needed to break away from, or limit my time with, many of the people I used to rely on.  Not because I was mad or disappointed, but because I needed to surround myself with those who were positive influences and further along on their own journeys as I was."

I can now say, I'm "not mad or disappointed" - I'm just moving on in a more positive direction.  If you feel your "Life is Under Construction" you are not alone!  It's one step at a time...going forward...not back.  Thanks for putting up with these past few posts.  I actually am at peace with my decisions and where I am at - looking forward to what 2018 has in store for me.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  





No comments:

Post a Comment