Monday, December 11, 2017

Celtic Christmas with MPK

I happened to hear a quick little blurb on our local Christmas radio station about a Celtic Christmas with MPK in Marshfield, WI.   They stated the band has the National Scottish Fiddler champion.  O.k. we are going!  



It was a lovely concert!   We took Josh, Justine and Marlene, my mother in law (it was her birthday gift).  We all loved it!  I had no idea we had this national talent in central Wisconsin.  Not only is Joanna the Scottish National Fiddler champion, she also is the composition champion - her original pieces are amazing!  The whole family writes their own music - wow!  Here is  her winning fiddle piece on YouTube:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGmX5_Mvx0

This concert not only had great music, but a truthful message of what Christmas is all about.  I kept looking around to see who was "offended" sad to say, but that is the world we live in even in small town Wisconsin.  During the intermission I told Joanna how talented she was.  She quickly said "well, all glory goes to God" how refreshing!  I said "yes, He gives us good gifts and we should use them to his Glory.  Good job using yours!"  

I am so glad I heard that little blurb on the radio!  I am sure this is the first of many MPK concerts I will attend.  If you want you can check out their page here:  https://www.facebook.com/mpkband/

Christmas is HIS story - enjoy and rejoice in it!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:
https://normandylife.blogspot.com/2017/12/mosaic-monday-65-best-laid-plans-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment