Monday, December 4, 2017

Around The Farm Table Cooking Demonstration

I enjoy watching Around The Farm Table on PBS.  Inga, is a 4th generation dairy farmer and she shares her love of farm life and small town living with her audience.  She focuses on, of course, Wisconsin and our products!  She is very cute and often does and says the quirkiest things.  That's probably why I like to watch - kindred spirits I guess.   

Anyway, I saw that she was going to be doing a Christmas Smogastratta - now to be fair, I had no idea what that was...in fact...I thought it was a smorgasbord...so, I was all excited to dress in my Nordic stuff....you know me..... 

First, I need to share my new mittens....made by a former Popplewood 4Hr....I LOVE them!  The pattern is a fiddlehead



Now, if you don't know....I'm not of Norwegian decent...in fact, I'm mostly Native American and German....(for my friends across the pond...ya...the great melting pot....smile).  I am so drawn by the heritage patterns - I'm guessing because to me it reminds me of native bead work only in yarn.  That is why I too LOVE vintage sweaters....I bought this one in Minnesota this past summer at Gold Rush Days flea market



So, wearing my little outfit, we drove down to the venue in  Prairie-Du-Sac, Wisconsin, to the Tripp History Center.   Anna and Jon met us there.  It was nice to share in a holiday event with them.   

Inga is very genuine and down to earth.  She shared stories with us as she prepared a smogastratta - which is actually a sandwich cake.  I think these were popular in the 1970's.  Let's bring them back!  I already have ideas of one I want to make.  I have a hard time containing myself at times - well, most times - I did blurt out stuff to her as she cooked...but, I curbed it...or at least tried to.  



"Gather with us around the farm table"







After, she was nice enough to let us take a picture with her.  I shared a little secret with her and she hugged me....(Al said it wasn't a bad thing to say...it was a compliment).  Anyway, I said it...  Also, I wanted to tell her about some show ideas that feature Marathon County farm families.  We have world class stuff here in  Marathon County - beef, smoked gouda and maple syrup - they need to be featured - as each are a farm to production operation.  O.k....moving on...


  
It was so nice to meet her - don't we look festive!  

Thanks Al for taking me, thanks Jon and Anna for coming too.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:

Normandy Life - Mosaic Monday 
https://normandylife.blogspot.com/2017/12/mosaic-monday-64-advent-time-for.html

No comments:

Post a Comment