Monday, December 18, 2017

A Very Merry Thriftmas!

I'm not taking Christ out of Christmas - He is the reason for the celebration.  I am however adding a bit of thrift to my Thriftmas!

It started with my not so merry feeling this year.  I already knew I wasn't going to dig up all my boxes of Christmas.  In the past 6 weeks, I've marked more vintage Christmas than I can stand and I can't stand to look at any more.  Oh Boy!

Lisa and I bought out an estate from Lake DuBay area.  Marlene and Jerry were retiring to Arizona.  Not many antiques, but quality household.  In that, were 2 strands of flicker lights I kept.  Thrift #1 - the lights.

I usually help myself to a tree from the roadside ditches or back woods of our property, however this year I happened to find a small topper from a Fraser Fir - my favorite - for only $10 from a resale shop - The Green Door.  Thift #2 - the tree.  

That same day I ran into Dime & Dollar Thrift and found some small embroidery hoops for $0.20 a piece.  Yes, those will make the ornaments.  Thrift #3 - the "ornaments."

I love Organized Clutter, she has been doing plaid and buffalo check this year and it inspired me.  Link to her blog here:  http://www.organizedclutter.net/2017/12/christmas-junk-project-favs-blog-hop.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FefkNX+%28Organized+Clutter%29  I dug in my stash of wool and flannel for crafting and found this piece I bought from Ye Old Goat in Appleton for $2.  Thrift #3 - the "ornaments."

I also thought how cute to add some gingerbread cookies.  So I mixed up some (my blog post for recipe:  http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2016/12/cookie-of-week-34-gingerbread-bears.html I also added some candy canes.  This was starting to have a woodsy theme.  

It needed something more, so I went to Hobby Lobby and found some adorable felt deer 50% off.  I added them to the larger embroidery hoops and some small grapevine wreaths.  Thrift #4 - still ornaments...

I put them all together....





....and decorated my tiny tree...I LOVE it.  









After Christmas - Thriftmas, I will take my tiny tree and put it under my bird feeder.  They can enjoy a perch and the gingerbreads.   I think I did pretty good for not feeling like "it" this year - in fact, I'm feeling a bit more Christmassy.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to: 
http://www.create-with-joy.com/2017/12/inspire-me-monday-week-311.html

http://www.thethriftyhome.com/2017/12/418th-penny-pinching-party.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:

No comments:

Post a Comment