Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hodge Podge Wednesday

1.  Are there any men or women in blue on your family tree?

Well, no, not police.  Most of my family tree was running from them - I have renegade Native American and moonshine running hillbilly genes.  My husband, however, was port security in the Coast Guards.

2. Are you someone who suffers from the Sunday night blues? What helps you get over it?

I don't know what Sunday night blues is, so I guess no.  I don't tend to get the "blues."  I have a knack for changing my view of things and turning it around. 



3. I read the color blue is an appetite suppressant since there are very few naturally blue foods out there. How do you feel about blue cheese? Love it or blech? If you're a fan, what's something you like that's made with blue cheese?

I can tolerate it, if there isn't too much "blue" in my piece of cheese and it's not chunky, but in small pieces.   I guess, I have really only had it on a salad.  I don't say "blech" to much food - haha...I love food. 

4. We can't head in to the Labor Day weekend without a related question, can we? Complete this thought: I work best when____________________. 

I work best when...under pressure...I'm the queen of procrastination.


5. 'Everything yields to diligence.' Antiphanes Your thoughts? (on this particular quote or on diligence in general)

I would like to think I'm rather diligent in all I do.  Ecclesiates 9:10:  "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might.  I don't "yield" to much in life - but, working hard at all I do comes easy.  

6. The National Park Service turned 100 years old on August 25th. Have you been to many of America's National Parks? If so share with us a favorite or two. Which National Park would you most like to visit before the next birthday rolls around? 

Mount Rushmore and Apostle Islands (here in WI).  Maybe something in Kentucky.  As we are planning a trip that way.  Cumberland Gap?


7.  Bid farewell to August in seven words or less.

I won't miss your humidity!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Keeping with the "blue" theme.  Growing up, we were always remodeling our home.  When we finally were to my bedroom I picked out everything blue - walls, carpet, curtains, bedspread, blue was my favorite color growing up.  I even had a blue parakeet, "Sweet Pea."

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:  http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2016/08/the-hodgepodge-blues.html


No comments:

Post a Comment