Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Week 24 - Orange Creamsicle Cookies

I love orange creamsicles..I could eat a whole box.  So, I was thinking, maybe I should try to make a cookie that reminds me of them.  Here is what I came up with.  



1 Cup (2 sticks) of soft butter
1 Cup powder sugar
cream together


Use 2 small oranges - zest and juice 





Add to creamed mixture along with 
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon orange oil 



Add 
2 1/2 Cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Mix well.  The dough will be soft.  Place dough on piece of parchment paper and roll like a log.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.




When ready to bake - preheat oven to 350.  Slice into 1/4" slabs.  Bake 12-15 minutes till lightly brown on edges.




I love the zest flecks...

Once the cookies are cool - you can add the frosting.  I just melted some white chocolate chips in the microwave, spread on the cookie and sprinkled with sanding sugar.




These are soft cookies that pack a citrus punch.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com/2015/10/our-simple-homestead-hop-23.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ClearwaterFarmJournal+%28Clearwater+Farm+Journal%29
Post a Comment