Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Estately Yours - Estate Sale Services

I'm excited to announce that Jackie, from Jackie's Antique Mall on Brown, has booked an estate sale.  The idea of branching out into the estate sale business as an extension of her shop has been in the works for several months.  She has asked Lisa and myself on as her estate sale staff and "experts." 

Now for those that don't know, I started working in estate law 30 years ago as a probate assistant for Schmidt & Schmidt, S.C.  I was later hired by, at that time, Krueger, Thums, Tlusty & Hittner, S.C. where I met Kathleen Marquardt, their probate assistant.  Kathleen's husband, Ken was an auctioneer and when they heard I was familiar with auctions, they hired me as well.  I met George and JoAnn Woodrich through my dealings with Ken.  George was an auctioneer as well and he hired me too.  So...I've been working in/with/around estates for a very L O N G time.

With that said...doing estate sales is nothing new to me.  Over the years, I have conducted several.  In fact, this past month, if you remember, I did one for my sister-in-law's aunt Doreen.  So, I'm excited to see what happens with this "Estately Yours" business.  



This sale will be held on Friday, November 6th 9-5 and Saturday, November 7th 9-4.  This will be in Weston, WI.  It will be a small sale, however there are some pretty interesting items.  I will share a few "sneak peek" ones with you, my followers.  Hipsters...are you ready?

1968 Bally pin ball machine "Dogie" - western, cattle, cowboy looking one - it works - I played it.  The mid-century theme and colors are awesome!   Many vintage games, stations and electronics; beautiful mirror on back buffet, several "in the rough" pieces of furniture; upright freezer, snow blower, lawn mower, tools; glassware, nick-knacks, vintage Christmas and some toys.  Looking for time warp 1970's furniture - we have a bright plaid couch - look no longer.    

Anyway, it should be fun.  Isn't that how it should be?  Doing something you love and having fun while doing it?  

If you know of someone looking for estate sale services, keep us in mind.  We will travel.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic way to branch out, Jacky! I'm sure it's hard to call it a job, so enjoy your new 'playground'! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete