Sunday, October 18, 2015

Pizza Crust 101

I came up with a super easy homemade pizza crust.  I have tried over the years to make a "perfect" dough, only to fail.  This one is a combination of several other recipes I have tried.  It is really easy.  If I can do it...anyone can.  



Pizza Dough/Crust:

1 C warm water.  I put 1 C water in the microwave and heated until it was 105-110 degrees.  Add 2 tsp. dry yeast.  Stir together and let it rest until it gets milky and frothy.

Put that into your mixer with 2 T honey and 1 C flour.  Mix with the dough hook on.






Add 1 1/2 garlic salt and 3 T olive oil add another cup of flour, mix well.  Add another 1/2 C flour or a bit more.  When the dough pulls from the side of the bowl it is enough - should still be a bit sticky but not wet.  Key is - dough pulling away from side of bowl and staying on the dough hook.

Knead it a few times and roll into a ball.  Put in a greased bowl and let rise at least an hour.








This recipe makes 1 deep dish crust or 2 thin crusts.  Then, top with sauce and your favorite toppings.





Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly and bottom crust is lightly brown.

Deep dish:



Thin crust:




 Garlic cheese fries:



I'm so happy with my pizza dough recipe.  I hope you give it a try - not hard to do and tastes so much better than store bought!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-art-of-home-making-mondays-please_19.html
Post a Comment