On one of my recent thrift shopping excursions, I came across this set of vintage plastic holly string of lights. They were in a bag for only $1.49 so I decided to take a chance with it. They are not perfect as some of the lights are not working so I decided to make a wreath with them. That way, when they were wound together you wouldn't notice that a few didn't work.
I took an old wire hanger and made a wreath form. I wound the lights around so that the plug in was at the bottom.
I then took some of the frosted pine cones I made (see link on how to here: http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2013/12/frosted-pinecones.html ) and wired them on the wreath.
It was missing something...so I decided to make a felt holly ornament to add. The link on how to make this is here: http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2013/12/felt-holly-ornament.html
I liked how it turned out. Total cost less than $2. I love to repurpose old things and add new life to them. Now I will have a "treasure" till the rest of the lights burn out.. :).
Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.