Monday, December 16, 2013

Re-Purposed Pillow from "Grandma"

Most of my followers know that my mom entered eternity on November 27, 2013.  My mom loved to make stuff too.  She has bags of old wool quilts for rug making, bags of yarn for crocheting and granny squares waiting to be put together into quilts.  She wasn't able to finish most of these things, so I took some of her items with hopes of making some great memory gifts.  My great-niece turned 16 this past week and I made her this birthday gift - a pillow.  Here is how I made it.  






I washed the wool blanket and cut it into 2 squares.  I sewed them together, turned it inside out and stuffed it with a pillow form.




Then I sewed it closed.



My mom already had these granny squares crocheted into squares, so I put it on top of the pillow, pinned it to secure and whip stitched it on with yarn.  





She loved it.  Now my girls each want too.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Merry Craftmas!

Linked to:  http://littlehomesteadonthehill.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-creative-home-garden-hop.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:


1 comment: