Monday, December 9, 2013

Frosted Pine Cones


I purchased a bag of pine cones, cinnamon sticks and these red and green things.  The whole bag was only $2.99 and it still smelled like cinnamon.




I found this idea in an old book of Christmas ideas I purchased from Dime & Dollar thrift shop.  All you do is take your pine cone and brush it with some Mod Podge.  Roll it into a dish of regular salt or use a spoon to sift over the pine cone until it is completely covered.  Let it dry.  That is it - super simple.  








I made up several of these.  Justine's wedding is coming up and she is having a Winter Wonderland Wedding.  I also made some ornaments with these.  Watch the next post.  

The extras from the bag:  cinnamon sticks and the red and green things I put into one of my crock bowls and used the fabric bow from the bag to tie on the bowl.  




I like the look and I like the ornaments I made even better.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:
http://madeinaday.com/2013/11/20/christmas-holiday-linky-party/

2 comments:

  1. Such a neat idea, Jacky! Love the pine cones, and can't wait to see what ornaments you made! Thanks for sharing! Warm Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete