Friday, March 8, 2013

Long Winter for Wildlife

No matter where you live - we all can say - it has been a long Winter.  I feed the birds in a feeder that I watch out my kitchen window.  This past week, the activity under this feeder has been very busy.  You know the deer must be hungry when they come out during the day, this close to the house.  One evening we had 7 deer under this feeder.  One was limping with a huge patch of missing fur on her back hip.  Poor little thing.  I tried to get pictures, but it was too dark.  I hope it warms up soon and melts the snow slowly away...slowly...so it sinks into our ground - last year was really dry.  The deer will have some Spring grasses and buds to eat soon - and my garden too I suppose.  I have to come up with some creative ideas to keep them out!  


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

1 comment:

  1. ugh! google's acting up again.

    poor babies. glad they can forage a bit at your place!

    ReplyDelete