Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter Decorations








These are some of my favorite things.  Some of these items I made over years, some were mine when I was little and others I have collected.  I don't mind if something isn't perfect - like a few of the paper mache' rabbit's...broken arms etc.  I just like them because they are old and have history.

One of my favorite things - that I own - is this rabbit.  


There is a neat story behind it.  Many years ago, like over 18, I helped a client from the law office I was working at, go through her items before she moved to an assisted living facility.  Apparently I was very helpful and honest with her as she told many of her friends about me.  One such friend was Elva.  I received a call from a gentleman who said he wanted me to come over to his mother's house and give him an estimate on a buy out.  When I met him, I asked him how he heard about me - who referred me.  He showed me this piece of paper...I was so shocked...it said "if anything should happen to me, give this girl a call and she will help you clean out my house."  His mother was a friend of the original client.   He lived in a different state and didn't have the time needed to do this for his mother.  So, he gave me the key to the house - and I bought out everything.  My friend, Lisa, and I both just quit our jobs and were trying to make money so we could be "stay at home moms."  This estate was a blessing to both Lisa and I.  I can still see our "babies" Becca, 4 and my Anna 5.  We worked on this for weeks, during the day when our older girls were in school.  We have so many wonderful memories of this time - and "mom, was this Elva's?"  

This rabbit has a picture of the son when he received it.  He is sitting on a porch with it, an Easter basket and some of the paper mache' rabbits in this picture too.  I LOVE it!  

Thank you Elva for all the wonderful memories - you not only live on in the memories of your family, but mine and Lisa's as well.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.
Post a Comment