Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dictionary Covered Primitive Easter Eggs

I LOVE to create stuff.  Sometimes, it sells, sometimes it doesn't.  Either way, I enjoy making things.  I made up these primitive Easter eggs for my booth at Grand Repeats in Wausau.


My booth will be set and ready for Spring on March 12.  These prim eggs in a bag will be $2 each.  I know, such a bargain!  :)

This is how I made them:


Here is all you need:  Styrofoam eggs, mod podge and some old kind of print.  I have made these with tissue paper too.  However, I had an old dictionary and used that.


Rip the print into strips.  Put the mod podge on the egg and then lay down the paper, brush more mod podge over top and smooth with the brush or fingers.  Cover the whole egg and let dry.


Once totally dry, brush on some gel stain to prim them up.


Make sure to wear gloves or you will wear that stain for a long time - not that I would know from first hand experience.  


Rub off some of the stain with a towel.  I like the way these look with some stain still stuck in the grooves.   

I then put them in a cello bag with some grass and tied them closed with raffia.  


That is it, ready to go in my booth.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

No comments: