Monday, March 20, 2023

The Fox

 


Shortly after letting the dogs out to do their "business" I hear them barking on the porch.  When I looked out the window, I see the fox sitting under our apple trees looking at them.  Oh boy...


I let the dogs in and rattled a few buckets on the porch.  It ran over by the barn.  My chickens are safe and still locked up in the coop for winter, but....

It is cute and reminds me of this....


Oh how I cried...."well Copper, he's my best friend!"

and.....

"We'll always be friends forever, won't we"

and.....


Now if that "ain't" one of the truest statements....

Time has a way of doing that!  

Speaking of it, when you only see some people once a year, you really can see how time changes things...ahahah!   We sure did a lot of visiting at the show this past weekend.  We had 2 extra chairs for "friends" to sit on and visit us in our booth.   I think I talked more than I sold....teehee!  

So, this is Monday....new week, back on schedule.  Our nephews should be back today to finish the bathroom this week.  I still need to paint entry, laundry and trim.  So, I will share the results after all that.  

I hope you have a great week!  Live in the moments, as time has a way of changing things....enjoy all the "things"...as they come.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. Yeah on your nephews working on your bath again. I loved Copper. That fox looked healthy. EEK Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure did look healthy. Deep snow makes for easy hunting.

      Delete
  2. Great photos of the fox. I think a fox is stinking cute...but, I don't have chickens. We used to have a little family of them pass through here but I think they found alternate "digs" when Mason got onto them. I would have loved to come to the show...it was one thing I usually treated myself to each year...but the bonds of hermitage were too strong. Hope it was a good one for you! ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fox is cute, but I think it would be more cute, in my neighbors woods. I think the deep snow made for easy hunting this year. Kathy from the Farmer's Daughter was even set up this year. Most amount of primitives I've seen in years. The one girl from Glidden, I can't remember the name of her business, she sold alot of primitives (and she was expensive). Spring is around the corner and that should bring you out...wink, wink...of hermitage.

      Delete
  3. Nice healthy looking fox.
    I know seeing old friends is the best
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete