Friday, March 10, 2023

Farmhouse Friday, March 10, 2023

 


Good Morning, it's Farmhouse Friday

This is my rabbit, Sydney.  I got her from my friend Ronnie.  She is a Lionhead.  She does have a mane, only it's pushed down as I was petting her.  You can see it better on this picture.    


She is so nice!  Over the years, I've let my girls have dozens of rabbits.  Justine even had fun breeding and selling Mini Rex.  Now that they are grown up, I had to have one just for me.  We have 2 rabbits - Al has one too - Hallie.  I can NOT tell you how relaxing it is to hold and pet a rabbit.  


We had more winter weather this week....so more chili.  I also made a lentil soup with sauerkraut.  Sauerkraut is good for gut health...boy, my week just "tooted along"...ahahah!



The boys had to start a different job this week, so a break in our bathroom remodel.  It's looking good!  


I had "new" inventory dropped off at my office this week.  I'm running out of room.  More beautiful sterling and gem rings from a different customer.  Just beautiful!!!  Glassware, Kirby vacuum, dolls and cat collectibles.  We are signing a contract today for an estate sale in Clintonville.  

This morning, I am going to my neighbor Bob's funeral.  Bob often stopped over here and talked to Al about farming and fixing equipment.  He was born, raised and lived in the same home on our road for his whole life.  He even passed on there.  What a blessing for him to have such a rich history and so much invested in the same plot of land.  Our road is named Abt Rd. after his family.  I'll remember him for his humor, love of barn cats and in his pick up truck.  He would drive past our house 10000 times in the summer working fields and making hay.  I'm sure that tradition will continue on with is sons and grandsons.  

In my readings this week, I wrote down in my journal a few gems to share with you.  

"Change is part of life and necessary in order to grow as a human, both inside and out.  You can't change everything though, somethings are outside your control.  Try to stay focused on the things you can change and learn to roll with those you can't."  

"Practice makes progress"

"Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them, The Lord your God, who is going before you will fight for you..."  Deuteronomy 1:29-30

It's that last one, that I am leaning on at this time in my life.  I have so many battles, really...physical, mental...ya, I do struggle.  But, I was reminded that the Lord my God, will go before me and fight for me.  It was the reading I needed at the right time.  Isn't it funny how things work out that way.  

Well, we are doing a Lot Drop tomorrow and my office is open for pickups.  Then it's a mad shuffle to get ready for the antique show.  

I hope you all have a great weekend.  We are going to get more snow....yay!!  I've been trying to remind myself how beautiful it really is.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



10 comments:

  1. Busy life wit sweet bunnies for balance. Snow on the way here too. I don't mind snow in the winter time for spring
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My chickens give me balance too, only they aren't as soft to pet....ahaha Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. yummy food, i love cooking winter comfort foods!!

    bob was a good friend to have, he probably knows everything about the land and area, he sounds like a sweet soul!! may he rest in peace!!

    change is hard for me but it is inevitable in life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. His funeral was so perfect for him. I told the pastor so. They played a polka hymn at the end. He loved polka music. Change is hard...but, you are right...inevitable.

      Delete
  3. I have always said when god closes a door, he always opens a window. My children had a bunny named Flopsy. She and our dog Bandit were actually friends believe it or not. We got them both at the same time. So sorry to hear about your neighbor, but being able to live on a family farm in itself is precious. Hopefully his sons and grandsons wll be able to continue the farm. It is hard life at times. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Yes, his family plans to continue farming they own lots of land. Flopsy is a great name for a bunny. Bandit too, it was Laura's dog's name on Little House on the Prairie. Do you love those books and tv show? We tend to like the same stuff, I'm curious...

      Delete
  4. Jacky, and uplifting article. When I was little, we raised rabbits too. We had up to 300 at a time my oh my they were a lot of work, but they were so soft. Back in the day we sold them.
    Good luck at your big sale. I am waiting for your next sale on line, waiting for the fun to begin.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 300 hundred, you're the winner! Soft, yes! Thanks for saying so. Working on the lot drop for tonight.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry for the loss of your neighbour. He sounds like an interesting man.
    It's been up and down weather here in Michigan. Snowy today and definitely chili or soup weather. I can't wait for it to be spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes me too. I did see a Robin on the way to Clintonville so...can't be long now.

      Delete