Friday, March 17, 2023

Farmhouse Friday, March 17, 2023

 



Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Those photos are from several years back when Justine, Anna and I went on a trip to Scotland and Ireland.  

It's Farmhouse Friday.

This week I was blessed to spend lots of time with my grandchildren.  I was with Lauren on Monday.  Her ceramic project.  


We did a craft day last week.  It was ready to pick up this week.  She has a good eye for color combinations.  

Tuesday and Wednesday, I was down by Anna and Ezra.  I hit a few thrift shops on the way.  I found this wool, stadium blanket, you all know how much I like these.  The whole shop was 30% off.  The cashier said, "that was a good deal, even at $3" I said, "yes, I know."  

Frankie, loves to keep me warm...this cat is something else....


Lisa (as in mostly Lisa) and I worked on getting items ready for the antique show this weekend.  Our booth isn't quite like I had wanted it to be.  I think any booth we have from now on, since our "dream booth" we did back in November, will be a let down.  If it wasn't for Lisa's determination to get this together....I don't know what we would have done.  


My daily routine had a few hickups, but I am back crossing things off a list this morning.  Are you a list maker?  

My daily Bible reading had my spending time in Deuteronomy.  Wow all the rules, I couldn't imagine any of those/that "flying" today...I'll leave it at that!

For my inspiration this week, I found this: 


This is really me...I sometimes forget to enjoy the present moments.  I've been getting better at it as I added it to my daily list....ahahahah!  I've been practicing mindfulness in my daily activities.  One thing that grounds me for sure is water.  I love my baths with Dr. Teals.  Have you tried Dr. Teals?

I looked back at my Noom journey.  This morning, I am back down to a weight I hit back in October 2021.  I was within 10 pounds of reaching my goal back in 2020.  I am thankful for the progress and trying to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race.  

I hope you have a great weekend.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Ireland is so lovely, my husband and I visited Dublin years ago. Happy St. Patrick's Day. You found a gorgeous blanket and a sweet price. I am sure I would enjoy your Antiques Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an Instagram post where this young lady was making Christmas tree pillows from these vintage blankets. If I can find a few, I might try it. Kudos to your grandchild on her dragon! Happy weekend my friend. Spring is almost here. Janice

    ReplyDelete