Tuesday, March 7, 2023

March'in On

 March'in on with a new week.  

I saw a Robin!  When we were down by Anna & Jon for Ezra's baby dedication.  They are between Lake Michigan and Lake Winnebago and they seemed to be like 2-3 weeks ahead of us as far as spring.  Lots of muddy fields, hardly any snow and Robins.  



This is one of my needle felted creations I prepared for an advanced class I was teaching.  I have had many requests to teach a class soon.  When I decide on date and project, I will make sure to share it on here as well. 

I read something interesting, well interesting to me.  Solomon's Paradox.  Have you heard of this?  King Solomon was known for being so wise and giving wonderful advice.  Yet, in his own life, his choices didn't reflect such great wisdom...did I mention he had like 700 wives!  One such wife, daughter of Pharaoh, influenced Solomon in her idol worship.  Well, this isn't a history lesson and I don't even know enough about it to teach it.  I was just getting to the point that he was known to be wise when it came to others and unwise in his own choices.   I know I suffer from Solomon's Paradox at times!  Ask my, now adult  daughters...ahaha!  

How can we not fall into this cycle?  It goes back to my post last week about "being your own best friend."  The next time I'm faced with (fill in blank), I will think what kind of great advice I would give my friend if she were doing this.  So, I will tell it to myself it and do it.  Not only do it, but hold myself to the same..."if she only would have" judgment....thinking I may have had about her not doing it.  We are only human...

I don't know if any of you find any of this interesting.  I seem to be in a writing block, I can't think of one cool thing to write about.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



6 comments:

  1. Did not know Solomon had 700 wives. WOW My dad always gave good advise. I lack in that department. Love your robin! Too cute. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I looked it up....700! My dad gave good advice too!

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet robin. I do find that interesting We are all in that situation one time or another.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog posts, although I seldom comment. I have heard of Solomon’s Paradox. Seems ironic for the wisest man on earth. We can sometimes be our own worst advisor! 😂 RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me! I appreciate your following along! We can be, that's for sure!

      Delete