Friday, March 3, 2023

Farmhouse Friday, March 3, 2023

 Good Friday Morning!  

It's March!  I would say that in Wisconsin it came in like a lion as we had ice/sleet/snow mix all day.  Today it is so foggy I can't even see across the field.  

Well this week, it went fast!  I have been sticking to a more structured schedule, especially with my work.  This is actually helping me to be more "free in '23."  I am not very faithful in anything that involves structure and time....I'm just not!  I tend to get distracted or lose interest.  However, I have been sticking with a daily schedule (at least week days) and I believe it or not, I have more time.  Imagine that...ahaha.  I also didn't know how happy a made bed (every day) would make me....don't judge!  Or, how much a clean kitchen when I wake would energize me.  Now, I've made it a little "game" to make sure these things are done so doing them doesn't seem like a chore.  I know...help me Lord!

They have worked hard this week on the bathroom.  Here are the shelves they built (I still need to stain the boards).  


I did this.....this week too.....believe it or not, it worked!


I was reading something about being your own best friend.  If my friend were trying to get healthier, I would do this for her too.  I was thinking about this concept - be your own best friend.  I am not!  That needs to change.  I made a decision just this morning for my new BFF and she isn't going to do something she expected herself to do....ahaha!  


Lisa came up with this idea for our sales:  "Table Top Pop Up" because this was our $1 table, we need to move this inventory along.  We need room for more estate inventory.  Every estate has those last stragglers - unsolds or unworthy to be sold by themselves...ahaha.  That's what the table top sales will be.   I am posting like a dozen of these tonight.  

"You can do it all, but you can't do it all at once."  

That quote really hit home to me this week too.

In reference to doing hard things.  There are 5 tips, that quote was 1.  2.  Be brave  3.  "This is tough, but I am tougher" 4.  Value your values  5.  Use a catalyst 

So, on to another week of doing hard things.  

We are going to our grandson's dedication at their church this weekend.  He is such a good baby!  So happy!  I wish I could share a photo of him, but I will respect their wishes.  But trust me....he's the cutest!  

Have a great weekend and a wonderful week.  


6 comments:

  1. I swear we are distant sisters. I get distracted all of the time. Your bathroom shelves will be awesome once stained! Hope no more bad weather for you. It started snowing this afternoon and they were predicting 8 to 10 for us. Hope they are wrong. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just told my husband "we share so many interests." I can't wait to paint and stain all the stuff, put trim up and move on to the kitchen.

      Delete
  2. It sounds as though you are really doing well with your goals this year. I need that sort of structure like you have. I seem to wonder where the day went to most of the time. I don't seem to be getting a lot of anything done. It's rather frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to the frustrating point and was sick of myself, honestly. I knew I had to work on me this year. I say that every year and truthfully, every year, the steps of working on "me" - worked up to this year. I was doing really good - pre-Covid and crazy world. Everything stopped and so did my momentum.
      Any way, I didn't realize how much a routine would free up my time. I hope, pray I can stick with it - even 5 days a week.

      Delete
  3. I say do what ever works and makes your day easier. I too love a made bed and a clean kitchen. And eating healthy makes you feel better and more energy to do the things you need to do.
    I bet that baby is the cutest!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, making my day easier is my goal. I didn't know how much I would love it....I can't wait to go to bed now....ahahah.

      Delete