Monday, May 17, 2021

Vintage Charcuterie Board

 One thing you can do to set your charcuterie board apart from the rest, is to use vintage pieces.  Grandma had serving pieces and relish dishes galore.  For the most part, a formal setting isn't the way most of us entertain any longer.  However, using those "unwanted glass" pieces in your collection of serving ware, will make you the "hostess with the mostess."  

I do have a soft spot for cast off and unwanted things.  I have always tried to find a way to make use of them.  An old pitcher or creamer would make a lovely unique flower vase.  A beautiful crystal cruet, or a variety of them, would make excellent vessels for dipping oils.  Butter and cheese domes, that have long lost their plates can still be used to add interest to your board.  Little custard cups or sauce dishes could hold crackers, olives or pickles.  Of course, fine crystal or pressed glass looks great on a plain old farm cutting board.  

So the next time you are at grandma's, flea market, thrift shop, estate sale or even at Tansy Hill Farm Barn Bazaar:  Tansy Hill Farm where these beauties will be for sale....don't pass them up, give them a new life to be of use to you.  You can't beat the quality of antique glass and most are not much more than you would spend at the Dollar Store.   








If you come Saturday, stop by our booth and say "hello."

Blessing from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. I love reusing old pieces of dish and serving ware. Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do too! It actually makes me smile to use my vintage pieces.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh antique glass use to be so expensive and collectible around here. Now we cannot even give it away. Such a shame too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! I keep telling the younger customers, "you should do this or that with this...don't think of it like an old...." When I do this, then they say..."yes, that's a great idea." I just want to sell something so it doesn't get tossed.

      Delete
  3. When we had guest before covid and now we are working on getting back to normal I use pieces like that all the time and got compliments all the time. I use an old tool carrier with mason jars inside for napkins, silverware etc for an buffet line I have. I use old relish trays for pickles, cheese and crackers etc. I love odd dishes and set a table with each place setting different. Glad I don't live closer I have a dish problem as it is lol
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are other great ideas! I like to add pretty glass with my primitives too!

      Delete