Monday, May 24, 2021

Motivational Monday - Thanks Phil Mickelson

 Well, well, well....another lesson from someone 50 and older.  Congratulations Phil Mickelson and way to represent us "seniors".... ahaha....we may not be over the hill quite yet.

I was inspired today by his quote.  I actually LOVE it!  

"The difficulty is when you're on a plateau and you're not really making advancements and you're putting in the work and putting in the work and you're not seeing the results to stay consistent and stay committed."  

It could be my life's mantra really; being "seen" or included, dieting, social media, physical therapy....just to name a few...



As I read this quote this morning, I was reminded of the efforts I put into an event I set up at this past weekend.  Most vendors and customers have not seen me for quite some time.  I did have several ask questions about my "gait."  I hated it, my vulnerability exposed kind of thing.  I don't like people to think I'm not "able" to do somehting.   Truthfully, I am not physically able to do some things...the way I use to do them...but, I am acclimating new ways.  I don't want to have anyone not ask me to be included or invited because I "can't keep up."  Sometimes, I actually pretend I'm fixing my shoe or something that causes me to stop and let other's pass me up so they don't notice it. 

So, as I was packing up, someone said...."keep goin' girl" and I have been.   Also, after I shared pictures of our booth on a post, I was "seen" as friends and customers "shared" it and the views were through the roof.  I ran an ad and received new LIKES and new interest in my professional services.  I'm sticking with NOOM through this plateau and I'm going to stay consistent and committed.  Thanks Phil for the advice.  

I may keep this "gait" and weight, never reach the LIKEs, like others, I may never be "seen" outside my own little community...that's o.k. I'm good with it all.  One can never accuse me or find my lacking consistency or commitment in and to all I do.  And, YES, I did pay myself a compliment. 

I hope, as you read this, you find some motivation.  If not in my words do so in his; "stay consistent and stay committed."

Bessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. I will have to think on this long and hard I believe - it is not a perspective I hadn't fully considered before. Hmmmm. One day I am going to make it to Tansy Hill. One day. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tansy Hill is a fun event. I miss seeing you. I hope you are well and enjoying the summer "at the cabin" (still have your pillows ahahaha).

      Delete
  2. Love your motivational Mondays. You are such an inspiration to others. You give me the motivation to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Phil proved you can still win at his age...but I have been slowing down a bit, and we decided no more shows ourselves as it is getting harder to set up and take down. We need to at least know our limits. Janice

    ReplyDelete