Sunday, May 2, 2021

Collections: Study of Fitz and Floyd

 In an effort to inspire new and younger buyers, I have decided to do a bit of educational posts on different items I am selling for myself or a client.  This week it is Fritz and Floyd.

Fitz and Floyd (link to website:  Fitz and Floyd),  "For half a century, the Fitz and Floyd hallmark has been synonymous with excellence in design and quality.  Over the past 50 years, Fitz and Floyd has evolved into the undisputed leader in the design and manufacture of hand-painted ceramic giftware, dinnerware, tableware, decorative accessories and collectibles."

Truthfully, once you've seen a Fitz and Floyd piece, you'll be able to pick them out in a line up of other ceramic pieces.  They truly have a luster, heavy feel, quality painting, intricate details that others do not.  Are they antiques?  No, not really....but, they are  collectible.  

My client has a pig collection.  She has weeded through the ones she wants, ones she is thinking about and ones to sell.  I am on part 2 of her living estate sale, which will be on my online estate sale business, Wednesday, May 5 at 6:30 pm.  Link here:  Town Hall Trinkes Online Estate Sales only on facebook.  Go over and like my page (Town Hall Trinkets, LLC) and ask to join the group - first chance to buy what I am selling.

I've sold Fitz and Floyd pieces in the past when I bought out items from an estate where the deceased owned a floral shop.  Her daughter, "schooled" me on them.   I do look for them now while I am out and about picking.  These pieces are expensive new, think of the high end department stores or gift shops in your area, I bet they sell/sold Fitz and Floyd.  

Purchasing a Fitz and Floyd, is an investment really into the design of your home.  Fitz and Floyd pieces retain a high market value due to the quality of each piece.   Some retired and limited edition pieces are rather pricy and very sought after.  In this collection we will be selling for our client there are some rather rare pieces too.  Check out ebay:  Fitz and Floyd French Market  Albiet, we don't get ebay prices, we do sell much of our merchandise to collectors and other pickers that resell.  It's always good idea to do your research before buying or selling.

 









 



We will list our client's pieces as a collection first.  If it doesn't sell that way, we will break up the collection and list singly.  If pigs are not your thing, that's o.k.  I happen to really like the serving pieces myself.  

I hope this little post inspired you to look for Fitz & Floyd the next time you are out an about at an estate sale, thrift shop or antique store.  Or, maybe even purchase on the online sale.  Thanks.  Happy "hunting."

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  




2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely set I am sure it will make someone very happy.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute collection and I never knew about Fitz & Floyd. Thanks for filling in this old fart on such wonderful works of art. Janice

    ReplyDelete