Monday, May 3, 2021

Rainy Monday Thoughts - Looks are Deceiving

 


Rainy today in Ringle, Wisconsin.  Friday, was our 33rd wedding anniversary.  How did we spend it?  Al had the day off so we went rummaging.  We love doing that.  Anyway, I had no plans on even buying, Lord knows I don't need to, I was mostly looking for our little grandlove.  We found her plenty of My Little Ponies, she loves those and I even found a My Little Pony lamp.  I can't wait to show her.

However, "junk" "stuff" just happen to find me.  You know when you look from the road and think..."nah, I'm not going to stop at that one."  The sale I bought most of these treasures was just like that.  There was something Al spied on the side of the drive.  So, I went too.  Along the side behind a boat were 2 older women pulling stuff out of tubs.  It was those camp blankets.  I almost peed...$3 each.  The copper rooster was only 0.25!  I follow a Youtuber, hook line and sinker, she has copper all over her house.  She created a "society" where only members can post.  It's private pay to play kind of group.  Genious on her part!  I won't tell you how much it costs....it's my little secret.   However, I may copy it....ahahah....when I retire....ahahah.

Anyway, the meat of this post is, about how looks are deceiving.  Had I just based my decision to shop at this sale, by what I saw in the driveway, I may have not stopped.  This little lesson reminds me of how life and it's lessons can be deceiving.  I could come up with so many of my own examples, but I think you get the picture.

We could use this same anology on people....can I get an amen?!?  However, I'm not going to come up with my examples on that either, and Lordy, do I have them!  ahahaha...(I'm full of "it" today!).

To round this out and in closing....keep in mind, looks can be deceiving, don't judge a book by it's cover, what's on the outside might not be as good as the inside......just my thoughts on this rainy Monday.  And, NO, this isn't about anyone.....every time I write something like this....I get questions?.....I'm just writing....don't read it then....(boy, I am full of "it").  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. Ohh I love those camp blankets!!! great find! My favorite drive way find was just as you said I was taking the back road home and a young mother had a tarp laid on the lawn and I said oh nothing for me there. But for some reason I stopped and she had the most adorable Iron animals for 50 cents each. She said they were in her shed when she bought it.
    good post
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will soon have our 33rd anniversary too. Time goes by fast! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! It will be our 33rd this year too!

    I really enjoy these posts. They really get me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Anniversary! Camp blankets and copper oh my! You scored. We sold some copper measures for $250 so I know their value. Janice

    ReplyDelete