Saturday, May 29, 2021

Chick Time

I had, had is key word here, about 18 roosters.  I now have, have is key word, 4, however, I haven't seen the black one for a few days.  My hens have always been good mamas and they are good at it.  I usually let them hatch out a batch or 2 each year.  I have about 6 boxes full of eggs, of which I'm sure most are fertile.  A few hatched Monday, more yesterday, and more this week.  Here are the first few, such colorful ones this time. 





I just let the hens be mama, they are better at their job than I am.  It's better for the chick and they seem to fair better this way.  Smarter, heartier, tougher then if I coddle them.  June is one of my favorite months at our farm.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Love them so much..Wish I had chicks...maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... ❤️ I love me some baby chicks!! So, so, soft!! And that wonderful, special, smell. Those are some colorful ones - wow! I especially like that last little one. Hmmm...I don't think I want to know what happened to your 14 other roosters. Did just your roosters go missing or hens too?? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete