Friday, May 28, 2021

Farmhouse Friday - Late May

 Farmhouse Friday - late May

Whew this week flew!  Not sure if I feel as productive as I wanted to be.  It rained most of the week and we actually had snow here...snow...yesterday.  I had wanted to transplant my starters and seeds in the garden, but maybe this weekend.  

I did dehydrate 14 trays of rhubarb.  I really enjoy my dried apple slices and thought this would be one good way to preserve it.  I also juiced it with celery and apples, it was very good.  






Al bought the juicer at an online auction - love it!


I made a tea with the rhubarb, apple, mint all from our farm.  I also added the dried rhubarb to my oatmeal and it was delicious.

On my favorite day of the week, Wednesday, I said "Gramma Bird is here to babysit" she said "hey, don't say that, I'm not a baby!"  Oh boy, I said "you're right, I'm here to play with you today." (wink, wink).  So, play we did, outside all day.  We found some soft moss and just had to take our shoes off and feel the earth beneath our toes.  We played at the edge of the woods for hours!  I do have the bug bites to prove it.  We also may have eaten dandelion greens.  To which she said "you don't care if we wash it" (ahaha).  We picked some lichen off the rocks and boiled our eggs for lunch in the "blue" water.  She is so precious!  I was worried I wouldn't be able to share (I'm not the best at that) her with the others in her life, but I've come to realize that "love is meant to be multiplied not divided" (thanks Sister Wives - I don't condone their lifestyle, but it is interesting to watch ahahah).  






My friend, Dawn, who is a veteran, works for the VA clinic in Wausau.  She is, what I would best describe, as a "life coach" where she helps veterans with a full circle of issues.  She asked me to teach needle felting via skype.  So, yesterday, we put the kits together so she could send them out to the students before the class in June.  It was nice to see where she and my other friend Sarah works.  

As I walked to the chicken coop the other day, I saw this nest laying on the ground.  We did have a windy week.  


A Robin's nest.  Now it's in my greenhouse.


As far as my business, Town Hall Trinkets, LLC, I have mixed emotions about a June sale we had in the works.  Is the real estate by you selling like hot cakes?  It is here!  Over asking, cash, no inspection and say it isn't a trend, but all the contents to boot!  I'm happy for our potential clients and I did pick up another or 2-3 to fill in the month of June.  My overall plan this summer is to move on to the next building and clean it out.  Lisa and I will do a "cash & carry" event as she has her mother's estate to go through too.  

O.k. have a great Memorial Day Weekend.  Thankful for those who paid the ultimate price for our country though the decades of it's history and there were far too many that did!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Your day with your grandlittle sounds wonderful. I lived every moment I could in the woods and by the creek when I was growing up. Loved picking the wildflowers, eating the wintergreen, and finding those intriguing lichen covered treasures. Not a rhubarb fan (only one in my family who isn't), but yours does look pretty. Enjoy your holiday weekend.~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin for the comment. Sounds like a wonderful childhood! I liked being in the water. You could often find me swimming until I got hungry and rode my bike home to for supper. I can still remember smelling fried chicken half way home! My mom made the best fried chicken!

      Delete