Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Week 45 - Dicky Bird's Breakfast Cookie


I was inspired to make a "healthier" cookie after I made some homemade applesauce yesterday.  I needed to clean my freezer to make room for some beef.  We had such a great apple year and I didn't have time to process them, so I used an apple peeler and slicer and just bagged them and put them in the freezer.  I just cooked them down, no sugar and warm spices as the apples are sweet enough.  




Dicky Bird's Breakfast Cookie (taste healthy)

1/2 C applesauce (no sugar)
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/4 C our raw honey
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon

Put all in a bowl and mix together - I did by hand.



Add:

1 T. chia seeds
1 T. Flax seeds
1/2 C. sunflower seeds
1/2 C. Raisins
Stir together



Add:
1 C. Muesli cereal (or a granola)
1 C. whole wheat flour
1 C. flour
Stir, it will be stiff not wet



Roll into balls and use a fork to make a criss/cross in the dough.  Bake at 350 for 12 - 14  min.  Makes 2 1/2 doz.




This is before baking....


Like I said, they taste healthy, but you could always add more honey or substitute some sugar.  To me, they are reminiscent to a protein bar.  I like them, especially since I'm on a diet.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.....sounds way too healthy for me....you lost me on all those seeds LOL.... ;-). Me and diets don’t get along....If I am hungry for something, I want THAT something...not something I can/should have..... But the applesauce looks AMAZING!!!!! I haven’t had applesauce in a long while....now you have me hungry for THAT something ha ha.... Hope you and your animals are staying warm and safe.... Even Snowdog isn’t staying out there very long.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like a granola cookie. Good luck with the diet, TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete