Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tips on Tuesday - Wise Words

At one of the estate sales we did last year, our client had this little daily motivational, flip card thing....you've seen them.  Long before the digital age of daily inspirational texts.   I thought it would be fun to buy it and use it the next year.  Well here it is.  I am NOT looking forward, it feeds into my "quirkiness" in that I look forward to a cup of coffee and seeing what my words are for that day.  I don't believe in coincidences, I look for signs....anyway, another "quirk" I have.

So, for my Tips on Tuesday (which really fell to the way side last year) I thought I would share some from this past month.  A few times a week, my friend Lisa will send me a picture of her "word of the day quote" and I will send her one of these from Rosie's little book.  

I will tell you, that on the days I most needed to "hear" a word....I could see how this little quote applied to my life.  That right there feeds into my "quirks...too!"  


That is a good one! 
"Faith the grain of a mustard seed" Matt. 17:20


This was the day we both were trying to take down our Christmas trees!  I have to say, I think no truer a saying has there been!  When you do what you least want to, you are blessed when you complete it!  The blessing is in the clean whatever...that's for me...  Yes, it was a monkey on my back - but, I did it and I'm happy it's done (I have a zoo full of monkeys).  


For me, this one came on a day I was particularly feeling a bit underwhelmed with my "job" and a bit "jelly" of others....yes, I can admit that...truthfully, I (Lisa too) have been doing some of the things that are now the trends 25 years ago, but everyone thought they were dumb.  "You are having a sale in a barn...ewwww!"  There are more.....  God created me with all my "quirks" He must intend on using them and I need to pray about how.....


....teehee....I don't need to say more....(HAAAA!)


This one was today....hmmm, I was going to say I don't harbor grudges....but, then I just typed..."you're having a sale in a barn....ewwww" - so, that'a be a lie I guess.  Lord help me!  

As you can see, I'm enjoying this little calendar.  I hope you can glean some tips from these....I surely did!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. In all honesty the most unattractive task is always the most blessed. It's always the one you dread! Thanks for commenting and glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were awesome Jackie. Hope to read more of them. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heavens.... We are way too much alike me thinks... I somehow am intimately familiar with those little ‘quirks” you mentioned... Especially that “not looking forward/not believing in coincidences and believing in signs” thingies.... EEEK. Could we possibly be sistas from different motheras???? ;-). Happy Tuesday Soul Sista ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete