Saturday, January 12, 2019

Christmas Elf to Valentine Tree

One of the things I did accomplish this week, was to finish taking down the Christmas decorations.  An area I really enjoyed this year was a grouping of Annalee dolls and elves I had in my entryway.  It just made me happy to look at this.  I was thinking that the one tree already had white lights, snowflakes and a red and white garland wrapped in it....hmm...I should keep it up and turn it into a Valentine area.   Here it is:












It still is January, I know, but I did put out the cute blue snowmen.  Oh my,  I just looked and I never did a post about the Annalee area...silly...this is the same area I decorated for Christmas:







I guess I had it on my face book page.  The Annalee dolls were purchased on a flea market trip with my friend Renee.  It was in Oronoco, MN for Gold Rush Days.  The vendor had these and said he "needed" to sell them.  My mother-in-law has collected them for years and I have always like them.  When I asked "how much if I buy all of them?"  I couldn't leave them...so, off we went with 2 garbage bags full of Annalee dolls!  I love how this looked!  

Janice at Prims By The Water:   https://primsbythewater.blogspot.com/  always posts inspiring vignettes from her home and her flare for decorating is amazing.  I thought I would share this one with you today.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  https://www.oakhillhomestead.com/2019/01/simple-homestead-blog-hop-190.html

4 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to admit I just took down my Christmas tree today and am working on the decor while you're all ready to greet February !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely area to display holiday items. Nice Valentine's Day decorations. I love the snowmen! Hey, it's still snowing so they can stay out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... both the Christmas version and the Valentine version are adorable! What a fun find with the Annalees.... I think my brother and his wife collected those at some point at least. And ummmm....I am guilty of still having all my Christmas up. Just hate putting it away (for lots of reasons...but I really miss the lights is the main one).... But, tomorrow I have promised myself to start the task... (I’m not going to fool myself by thinking I will come close to getting it all down, but I do promise to START LOL). Hope your weekend is off to a great start Miss Jacky!!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your displays are wonderful! Love the Annalee dolls..and just a sweet corner for Valentines too! Janice

    ReplyDelete