Monday, May 15, 2017

"What? Are You Everywhere?"

If, I only had a dollar for every time I heard that one!  This post will tie in with the "I ain't as good as I once was" post, you can read it here:  http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2017/04/i-aint-as-good-as-i-once-was.html

I haven't mentioned this on here, but...Lisa and I did an estate sale Saturday.  We weren't hired as our Estately Yours Business, however was referred through our other partner's husband, Mike.  Jackie and Mike have other family commitments that need attending to, so we haven't been actively seeking sales this year.  We did meet with this contact as they were looking for a "buy out" option.  Once I talked with the family and they told me their wishes, we did set up an estate sale for them.  

When the sale opened Saturday, this is what we heard..."what? are you everywhere?"  I had to laugh, it was almost like the regulars thought we were tricking them.  You know any good antique dealer LOVES to go to a family run estate sale.   As, they think the family doesn't know what prices to use and they will get a good deal.  (smile)

This "line" was also used by an "old" crafting friend of ours who was a vendor at many shows Lisa and I did in the 1990's-2000's.  She came up to the garage and said that very line to me.  I laughed as I handed her a flier for Jackie's plant sale, which by the way, was the same day.  She looked so confused..."wait, now you own a shop too?"  (Calgon....take me away....how many times do Jackie and I have to explain this...!!!...).  I said in a very calm voice, "no, that's City Jackie, I'm Country Jacky and I do sell there, in fact, I dug up some perennials for the sale today."  She said...."Oh, ok, are you also a part of that Theme thing?  My friend told me about this shop on 3rd and I looked at the pictures and I said....that has to be Jacky."  "Yes, I am."  She said, "so, you are everywhere"  I quickly said "for a few more years...(smile)....I'm getting old!"  We both laughed.  She should point fingers, as she use to do a craft show every weekend.  

I hope you don't think I'm bragging about what I do.  This isn't meant to be that.   It was just funny to me because who do Lisa and I think we are?  We aren't "spring chickens" any more, we are 2 "old hens!"  Oh, and did I mention, we are doing 2 sales on Saturday in 2 different states?!?  We couldn't do that without the help of our friend Joi, who is going to watch our booth here in Wisconsin.  Thank you Joi.

I almost can't wait till next week...but, "this is so much fun"...no, it really is!  I want to enjoy this as long as I can do it.  I've been blessed with some pretty awesome people that help me do what I do!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment