Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Raw Honey Rhubarb Butter

I finally have some productive rhubarb plants.  I tried to make something a little bit different, I was thinking on a butter or sauce.  This is a bit of a combination of the 2.

Rhubarb is packed with minerals, vitamins, organic compounds, and other nutrients that make it ideal for keeping our bodies healthy. Some of these precious components are dietary fiber, protein, vitamin C, vitamin K, B complex vitamins, calcium, potassium, manganese, and magnesium.

Raw Honey Rhubarb Butter



Let me tell you, this is super tasty!  Here is how I made it.



5 large stalks of rhubarb diced - about 7 cups
2 apples diced with peeling left on...natural pectin
1 t salt
1 C raw honey

Put all in a heavy bottom kettle and cook until soft and bubbly - 15 min or so.







Add 1 t. cinnamon and cook for another 10-15 minutes until thickened.



Blend till smooth with an immersion blender.  Spoon into jars.  You could seal the jars in a hot water bath.  I plan to eat mine now, so I will keep it in the refrigerator.  



I hope you give this recipe a try - it's really good.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin  

Linked to:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2017/06/foodie-friday-and-everything-else.html

1 comment: