Monday, September 14, 2015

Urban Farmgirl's Main Street Market

One of my 50 things to do before I'm 50, is to set up at a show/market outside of Wisconsin.  I have been following the Urban Farmgirl on several sites and decided to apply for a booth at her market.  I was accepted and signed up to do both of the markets at Midway Village Museum, Rockford, IL.  I wasn't able to do the first one in June - remember, I was very sick when I returned home from Peru.  So, I had that inventory I was saving for the show and some new farm picks I did this summer.  We took our 2 horse trailer, tack area, back of pickup truck and back seat of truck - completely full!  Too much really, for my 12 x 12 booth; well, I wanted to be prepared. 

The Venue:  Midway Village Museum  http://www.midwayvillage.com/wordpress/

What a perfect venue for this type of market!  All the buildings complemented the experience.  The grounds are beautiful with historical plants and produce in the gardens.  There were several areas though out the grounds staged for musicians to perform, plenty of seating with adorable vignettes.  



If you like the chalkboard text....you're not alone... Chalk of the Town http://www.chalkofthetown.com/ does an amazing job.  Her booth had a line all day.  She sold handmade framed chalkboards and offered hand lettering of your choice.  















Music Areas










Food Court









My booth was next to the grey barn and this garden.  


This garden had some hopps.  I brought bundles of hopps to decorate my booth and sell.  All I had to do was say, hopps is what is growing on that trellis over there.  I think this was beneficial to all my hopps sales.


















Stories Photography  http://www.storylandfarm.com/ was the official photographer for the event.  Please click on the link and see all the beautiful pictures she took.  She captured Al and I waiting for the gates to open.



While we were sitting there, we had a bird's eye view of the road leading from the gate.  At 9 a.m. - the races began - I mean race, as many people were running down that road all the way to the Urban Farmgirl  http://urbanfarmgirlandco.blogspot.com/ booth in the top of the big red barn.  I never had an opportunity to take any pictures of their booth - as it was SO BUSY all day - literally hundred (s) of people in barn and waiting in line.  Then, I was too busy to leave my booth.  

Anna came down from Milwaukee to help me.  I'm so glad she did!  It took all 3 of us at times to keep up with the check out line.   

Here are a few pictures of other booths I took set up day and sale day when I ran to get some food.  The food court was amazing - we had wood fired pizza - Al was happy.





This is Jen's Fresh Vintage  booth.  I love her creative displays - this plaid theme was so cool.  I was able to meet her.  I have been following her for some time.  









It was a beautiful day, awesome sales and creative displays.  Al even has some ideas of things he wants to make for next year.  He wants to go back too.  I was happy I had my "square" as over 40% of my sales were charges.  I absolutely loved my booth location - I creatively spread out as the day went on...as I was on the end of a row.  Several customers said "you have the best spot here...." our spot was sunny and open "your stuff looks so nice next to the prairie grasses...."  and others...Thanks to all who bought from me.  

On to my own event:  Ringle Harvest Day it's hard to believe I've been setting this up for 19 years.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://www.organizedclutter.net/2015/09/vintage-inspiration-party-206.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FefkNX+%28Organized+Clutter%29

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a beautiful day for this event! Your booth looked great! I am putting this on my calendar for next year! A friend went and said it is such an awesome well planned, well laid out event. Hope you sold a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! Thanks so much for the shout out ... you captured some pretty awesome pictures, too. Everybody has a story to tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could only sign in to comment as Julee Ann ... it's Julee with Stories Photography www.storylandfarm.com

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, your booth looks awesome. It sounds like you had a great success. I am so happy for you. Take care Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you did well and had a good day all the way around!

    (i had a dream this morning you were shopping at my grocery store. i yelled out 'dicky bird' to catch your attention. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete