Thursday, September 10, 2015

Antique Dry Sink ReDo

I bought this cool primitive piece of furniture - I would say it was a dry sink.  It was crackly in all the right ways.  




However, the top was hideous with old linoleum that was glued down.  I knew I wanted to leave the bottom, but the top had to go.  Have you ever started a project and thought "why, oh why did I do this...?"  That is what I thought after I tried to get the linoleum off.  





There was also a few spray paint spots on one of the drawers.  I ran a belt sander over this in addition to hand sanding the hardware.


 I peeled off all the old top that would come off and I took a belt sander to the rest.  I liked the the multi layer look so I decided to stain the whole thing with walnut color.





I will have to admit, I really like this piece.  I love all the imperfections.  I lined the drawers with cork.  I then wiped down the whole piece - inside and out with paste wax.









I will be taking this to the Main Street Market that the Urban Farm Girls host in Rockford, IL.  We will see if others "get" my style.  I did have someone message me about this piece already...here's hoping it sells!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin. 

Linked to:  http://www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com/2015/09/our-simple-homestead-blog-hop-16.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ClearwaterFarmJournal+%28Clearwater+Farm+Journal%29 

http://www.commonground-do.com/2015/09/share-your-style-30.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FbCGJMl+%28Common+Ground%29

http://www.organizedclutter.net/2015/09/welcome-back-to-vip-we-have-some.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FefkNX+%28Organized+Clutter%29
Post a Comment