Friday, February 27, 2015

Creamy Chicken Chilli with a Haystack of Tortilla Noodles


I baked extra chicken thighs so I could make this today.  With that in mind, I sprinkled taco seasoning on them before baking.  I wanted a taco flavor for the soup.  

Here is how I made it:








Put the thighs in a kettle and cover with water.  I added some diced onion.  You want to cook this to a boil and then simmer till meat falls off the bone.  Drain the chicken - look at that gorgeous stock.  





Cut the meat off the bones, discard the skin and dice up the chunks - add to the stock.



This is all I have left of my dehydrated peppers and carrots I did last fall - read about it here:  http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2014/09/dehydrating-vegetables.html

I added them, a can of beans and some diced onion.  When veggies looked rehydrated...I added a slurry of cornstarch   




A slurry the consistency of white glue...pour it into the kettle and stir till thick.  I added chilli powder, S & P, at the very end I added 1/4 Cup heavy cream.  




Then I made some tortilla "noodles."  You just slice up flour tortillas into strips and fry them - that easy.  







Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com/2015/02/the-homeacre-hop-109.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:

1 comment:

  1. Another yummy recipe! I'm going to have to give fried tortillas a try! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete