Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Today is the "Big Day"

Happy New Year!

Today is the "big day" for our eldest daughter, Justine.  She is getting married to Josh, her high school sweetheart. 

To say the least, we have been busy getting ready.  They will have the ceremony, dinner and reception at the historic Rothschild Pavilion.  My brother will officiate. 

We pretty much did this all on a very low budget.  We were fortunate to go to an auction of an event planner.  She was retiring we were able to get some GREAT deals.   We also went to two rummage sales where they were selling their used wedding items from this past fall - all just in the style she wanted!  Thank you Jesus for that.

Justine is thrifty, artistic and very creative (wonder where that comes from??) and has made almost everything for her wedding.  Wait till you see her shoes and bouquet!  (I've been to Junk Bonanza and haven't seen things as nice as these!!)  I will post about it all - after the wedding. 

I would be remiss without telling you, my dear followers, how my week has been.  Friday, our furnace went out - the main heating element.  Thankfully, it was still under warranty.  However, it has been -28 here - not factoring in the wind chill.  BURR!!!  My sister borrowed us 2 really nice electric space heaters.  Then, on our "last" movie night as a family, I made popcorn.  After chewing on some old maids...I bit down on something rather hard....it was my filling!  I believe I swallowed the rest of it along with pieces of my tooth.  Thankfully, it doesn't hurt - as my dentist is closed for the holidays.  I could keep going here, as there are more things that happened, but I will stop.  I've never posted about this, however, our family doesn't have the best of luck.  We actually call it...."The Luck of the Luetschwager."  Al and I think that when we got married, our luck, when bad....is combustible.  The important part here is that we always try to find the silver lining in all of it. 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

P.S. - if you are planning a Winter Wonderland Fairytale Wedding....I know where you can buy some great items!!

2 comments:

  1. oh, i hope it is a fabulous day for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacky! I can hardly wait to read about and see the photos of the Fairytale Wedding! So sorry about your misfortune! Hope the tooth will not give you anymore problems! Prayers your heat gets fixed soon! Randy could fix it for you, but it would be a long drive! Stay warm! Blessings from 49 degrees!

    ReplyDelete