Monday, January 6, 2014

Motivation Monday - "Selflessies" not "Selfies"

OK, in my opinion, there are too many people taking too many "selfies."  Do we really need to see that many faces making that many faces?  You know the lips turned, nose twitch in the bathroom mirror pictures.  I actually think that this generation base their self worth on how many "likes" they have on their social media.  This is sad!  

I have had great examples of selfless people in my life.  I grew up not only witnessing but participating in all types of community service.  I've encouraged my girls to get involved in helping others.  These are the acts that need to be photographed and put on social media.  I thought it would be neat to call them "selflessies."

I posted a challenge to all Instagramers to take photos of people doing selfless acts of kindness and post them to #selflessies.  You can follow this on Instagram - my name is DickyBirdsNest if you want to follow.  Or on twitter, my name is Jacky Luetschwager.  

I thought about this while at our nursing home ministry this past Saturday.  So, I posted a picture of it and at the #selflessies.  

So, I want to challenge all of you as well.  Let's be better at helping others in 2014.  It doesn't have to be a huge thing, just holding a door for someone (yes, men, we do still appreciate this gesture), pushing their shopping cart back, thanking and shaking a veteran's hand - whatever it is - no selfless act is too small.  Take a photo of it and #selflessies.   If you see someone doing a "selflessie"  please post as well. 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.



Linked to:  



http://timewarpwife.com/?p=1546


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea to me, Jacky! It's not easy getting a photo since my phone doesn't have that feature and I usually don't carry my camera around. My husband always opens doors for me! He such a gentleman! Thanks for sharing! Have a great day! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete