Wednesday, January 15, 2014

God's Word Wednesday - Snow

Wisconsin = Winter Wonderland
Wisconsin = Snow

Yesterday = both of those.  

We had record snow fall here in Marathon County yesterday.  Some schools closed early.  Most evening activities were cancelled.   Including our 4-H meeting.  

When I woke up this morning, thinking about what I would post about for God's Word Wednesday - snow came to my mind.  

Memory verse recall ... "whiter than snow."  The whole verse is:  "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."  Psalm 51:7 

The content of this scripture is about repenting after a transgression or sin.  David, the author of the book of Psalm, was not a perfect person.  However, God still favored David and loved him.   Guess what?  God loves us as well.  None of us are perfect either.  

To God, sin is sin - it is all ugly.  No one sin is worse than another - to Him it is all the same.  To think that we have the promise that when we confess our sins, repent of them, He will wash us "white as snow."  

 Is there anything whiter than fresh fallen snow? 




Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.


3 comments:

  1. Everything always seems so fresh and new after a beautiful snowfall! Glad the white stuff stayed up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, Jacky! And yes, we all fall short, but God still loves us! He's such a good God! If we had that snow here, I'd go out and make a snow angel! It's sure pretty! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete