Friday, September 16, 2011

Mickey’s Dining Car–St. Paul, MN

What my followers might not know about me is that I am a “foodie”, hence few pictures of me on here Smile
I LOVE anything food – eating, cooking, baking, growing, canning and watching food network cooking shows!  When I found out that I was going to go to the Junk Bonanza, I went on line under Food Network and typed in St. Paul, Minneapolis to see what came up.  I LOVE Diners, Drive-in and Dives – I also think “Guy” is.. should I say it….Hot,  LOVE his personality and one liners too!   I actually think it would be fun to go on a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives vacation – take a week off, start close to home and work my way each day, to one of the places he went to. 
Anyway, I always wanted to eat at one of those dining cars.  I had no idea that there was one in St. Paul.  Now, I wasn’t driving, but Renee took me anyway – If I had to drive, I wouldn’t have went, as I get lost easily.  I am 1/4 Native American, however, the “tracking” gene must have run out by the 6th child – because, I’m am terrible with directions!
Here are a few pictures:
100_0640
I love the picture with the lights on.  Mickey’s Diner is on the National Register of Historic Places.  On the back of their menu, they list all of the famous people who have eaten there.  You can read more about them at:  .http://www.mickeysdiningcar.com/
100_0638
100_0639
The grill cook told me that he cooked for Alton Brown and was featured in the episode “Feasting on Asphalt.”  Colorful crowd, others taking pictures too! 
I had their famous “Mulligan’s Stew” with garlic toast and a banana malt, it was excellent. 
I know I am only 45, but I have learned that life is short, so when you have an opportunity to “cross” something off your “bucket list” you should do it! 
Blessings from Wisconsin!

2 comments:

  1. Love the dining cars! They are so nostalgic. I too, love everything food, I just try to "work" it off.

    ReplyDelete