Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Some of What I Do

Here are a few pictures of my booth at a small farmer's market.  This one is every Thursday (June - Sept.), downtown Wausau, Wisconsin.  It is called Market Place Thursday.  They have dozens of dealers.  This was early in the season....

 All of the antiques used as display pieces are always for sale.  The soap in this picture is made my friend, Linda.  Her business is:  Sudz Monkey Soap Company.  Her soaps are great!   The "subjects" of my folk art paintings are critters we know.  I name my paintings - these were with their animal names.  The bags I make are reversible.  I love Waverly upholstery fabric.  These bags are sturdy, washable and reusable. 
I made these folk art dolls with paper mache' heads.  I used glass eyes (I purchased at an antique show - used for taxadermy) and cloth bodies.  I have similiar ones listed on Etsy now.  I also made a topiary bobble tree.  It is on the green bench.  This is also paper mache, molded on to a rusty old bed spring.  I make bobble heads for all seasons.  My Halloween ones are the best sellers. 
Folk art goes so well with primitive antiques.  Both of these are my LOVES.                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment