Monday, March 14, 2011

The Journey of Making Lists

"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end."
                                                                                                          Ursula Le Guin

I found this quote today and I really like it.  Sometimes, it is easy to get busy with our everyday routines, that  we forget to enjoy each day.  The Bible says:  "This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."  As I journey thru a day, do I truly rejoice?  Days that are full of work, chores, obligations, kid's schedules - routine.  If not, how will my attitude effect others, myself? 

When I was growing up, I had a neighbor who use to call me...."Sunshine."  She use to say, "you are always smiling."  Why wouldn't I be happy?  Life was so simple and fun with no "real" responsibilities.  You know, being happy is a choice...so is being sad.  You can choose either one. 

I love to make lists, setting goals for myself.  I have ones for the day, week, month, year, for my garden, my business, my home, my kids....it goes on....  Often times, the lists are unrealistic, but somehow I find comfort in organizing my thoughts and writing them down.  I love to cross off items I have completed and making a loop thru a whole week of accomplishments.  A "journey's end" so to speak...one day, week, month at a time.  So, this quote reminds me .... that it is good to set goals for myself, as long as I can enjoy the experiences they bring and bring joy into each day for myself and those around me. 

Be Happy - It is Your Choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment