Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Social Media Experiment

It "snuck" up on us....I fought "it" for a long time....however, it has changed our lives - not for the better either....know what it is?   

Yep, this...not so much blogging, but other venues of social media.   I suppose some blogs and bloggers use their posts to be negative or depressing...I choose not to do that, nor read those that do.  It's hard enough scrolling past a picture of a dog with a trap on it's foot (I had to do that today!).  

It's not healthy to have that much negativity!  Images, rants, politics, religion, sick kids, sad animals.....It's too much!  I'm an optimist, hopeful for the future - "this" stuff lately, draggin' me down!  

Then we have the "look at me, what I did, how great I am doing it, how pretty, how organized, how....you pick one" - not good for any one's self esteem.

Then we have the LIKES, the numbers....the comments....the shares.....the......ya, I'm back in high school....unpopular once again.  Really, this is how "it" can make people feel!

Al and I were talking about all of this and it had my starting a little experiment - unbeknownst to my followers.  It worked like a charm - really, exactly what I thought.  You all are sick of it too.  


I posted several little blurbs on facebook, instagram and even on here.  Just as I expected, most popular ones....pictures of flowers, soup recipe, funny little story of how I peed my pants...for real...lots of likes and comments on that one.  The other posts, even when I think they hold awesome content....not so much!

So, I guess, I post this today to encourage those who happen upon this post to think about being positive, funny, uplifting not to mention authentic!  Peed my pants...no one tells that on themselves, but it was funny!  

I can't control what happens at the boarder, in this country, your country, who has benefits, who doesn't, how we protect ourselves, fake news, hate news, how or why....too many options to list and you know what I mean!  And, as this little experiment showed me....no one cares or is reading anyway!  We can't change someone else's opinion with negative posts - we just can't - it only drives us apart!  Oh, you can post, "if you don't like this scroll past or this is my site I can write whatever I want" all that is true!  However, think about how it - what we post will be in the cloud somewhere forever.  

I CAN however, control what I POST, SHARE, LIKE in my little corner of the world, my edge of the cloud.  After all, every cloud has a silver lining - be that!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



No comments:

Post a Comment