Monday, June 4, 2018

Motivational Monday - Building a Kingdom

I heard this song the other day, it really hit me hard, listen and you'll see why.  In more than ways than one.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMErwEEaRQ

So, this "digging for gold" "building my kingdom" part, ya, I need to work on that.  After all, this is nothing if we don't have HIM.  Building a brand, a business, an "empire" - that's our kingdom.  What effort are we making in building HIS kingdom?  

This past weekend I set up a sale by our daughter and son-in-law's house in Waukesha, Wisconsin.  Many of the items I took had been part of another sale, old inventory, items I really wanted to be rid of but, still good.  I had several customers say, "you have such nice things and you're prices are great" (smile).  What made my weekend, was that Anna and I set up Sunday morning pulling out tables close to the road next to the FREE pile.  The last hour of the day and while we were cleaning up, ALL items in driveway were FREE.  It was nice to see those who needed things, take them.  A van full of latinas came at the end.  I told them everything was free.  The eldest lady looked puzzled....I said "it's all free."  One of the younger girls said..."totos abuella, totos."  She turned to her and said "totos!"  "Si, totos"....oh they had a blast.  We gave them bags to use too.  (I can hardly spell English, much less Spanish, but I think you can see what I mean).   

During the sale, another latino came in the garage and said, "you are so happy here, the other sale...they look crabby..." (I do hear this a lot).  I said "well, when you have the joy of the Lord down in your heart, your face will reflect it."  He said "are you a Christian?  I am too."  - just little things like this...trying to build His Kingdom....in a small way.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment