Thursday, June 14, 2018

Being Content

In a conversation the other day with a friend, I said this...."I'll just do me and let the rest be."  I knew when it came out, that I would do a blog post or Bible study about it....I am doing both.  Yesterday was the Bible study.  

Now when you hear a quote about "doing me" you might think that sounds like a person who wants to do whatever they want.  However, the "doing" isn't about selfishness, rather it is about being content.  You see, I've been blessed to be able to do all sorts of things and enjoy it over the years.   I truly have!   It is with that feeling and knowledge I wish the same for others.  I want everyone to be able to do what they love, how they do it and enjoy themselves.   I understand what a blessing it is and choose to "let the rest be."  

Social media doesn't help us in this....it really doesn't.  You see your friend post a picture of a beautiful pie, her counters clean, no sink full of dishes....now, keep in mind...you have made beautiful pies, on clean counters, with no dishes in the sink at one time too....only, there wasn't social media to document it!  That doesn't mean your pie at that time wasn't enjoyed by your family.  Or that you didn't enjoy baking it.  You did!  And, if truth be known....more pies than your friend...(hey, it's about being content here...DickyBird!)...LOL....yes, the "let the rest be" is important!  

I joke about the pie, but it could be whatever you have in your life - and we all have them - that you tend to "beat yourself" up about.  Try to remember to: "just do me and let the rest be."  




Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment