Monday, June 18, 2018

Cream of Asparagus Soups

We had an abundant crop of asparagus.  We ate, we shared and I made soup - 2 types.  


Cream of Asparagus and Chive Soup


Cream of Asparagus and Vegetable Soup

I posted the first picture on my instagram and had several ladies ask for my recipe.  I didn't have one....I just made it.  I decided to make it again and this time write it down.

Start with 4 C water or broth - up to you
1/2 large sweet onion - if you like onion put in whole one
1/4 t - dried thyme
1/4 t - garlic powder
2 bay leaves
S & P

Put in kettle and start to boil.



Add:

4 C diced asparagus
2 T butter

Stop here if you only want cream of asparagus soup

2 C diced potato
2 C diced mushrooms
You could add any other veggies you like

Continue to boil until the veggies are super soft.  



Remove the bay leaves and pour contents into a blender or use emulsion blender (I did both on the last one...).   



Pour back into the kettle.  If this is too thick to your liking add another cup of water or stock, 2 T butter and 1/2 C heavy cream.  


To make the Cream of Asparagus and Chive, it is at this point you cut up some chives, I even added the purple blossoms.  

For a pretty presentation, I added some chopped chives, chive blossoms and sliced mushroom to the soups. 

Super EASY - Enjoy!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



No comments:

Post a Comment