Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Unwanted Comments On Your Blog - HACKING

Most of us have been blogging for long enough to have some unwanted comments on our posts.  It took me a while to figure out where they were coming from.  What I noticed is if a blog lays dormant for too long somehow they get picked up or hacked.  I started to get "order my oils...or, if you need help with your..." you know the type of comments.  They are almost always on old posts.  I started to get them last week.  This time I noticed an old blog I followed started "posting" again.  It wasn't the blogger, rather this hacker who was re-posting old content....that is the clue.  Anyway, this is why you need to go through your list of blogs you follow and delete the ones that are no longer current - it's for your blog's own good...sad, but otherwise you get these unwanted comments.  I deleted several last week....and the suspicious old blog.  Just a tip from my bogging experience.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.   

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this information. I hope no one has deleted me. I've been gone several weeks but I know I need to be more diligent about posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I did this awhile ago and will have to doit again. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deleted comment above proves it - I have had to delete 5 or so this week on various old posts...so, I had to go through my WHOLE reading list. SAD because I don't know which blog it is...so, I had to delete those that haven't posted for over a year - unless it was family...but, they are going to go too if I can't figure out where these are coming from. Anyone else have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete