Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Picker Sale

I am helping one of my 4-H family's with their grandpa/great-grandpa's estate.  I did a "picker" type sale in September and it was a HUGE success.  Really!  I didn't know if the customers would understand this:  "go make a pile and we will come to a price" - but, they did and told me they had so much fun.  One lady took 4 van loads back - 30 miles one way to her house....now, she might have hoarding issues...LOL...not that I would recognize this...and she wasn't even one of my family members (wink, wink)!

This family had Carter Implement and Carter Grocery Store on this premise.  He also had a green bean farm - the property is 3 acres right in town - near Target.  When I walked around the buildings at this estate, I was already thinking it would make a great "picker sale."  You know the show American Pickers is so popular and many viewers want to try their hand at doing "this" - this is the perfect opportunity to try.  Heck, I might do "picker estate sales" from now on...who knows....only time will tell.  

I am doing the actual household estate sale on December 9, but we need to get these buildings picked before then - we couldn't do it or get back to them if we had snow.  So, if you live close and want to come to a picker sale, it is this Friday, November 10th from 2-5 ish pm at 3316 Schofield Avenue, Schofield, WI.  Dress warm, bring gloves, bring a flashlight, park in the parking lot next door and let's have some fun.  We will help you dig it out, make a pile, come to an agreeable price and help you load it.  Disclaimer...I haven't picked anything from this - I don't "need" anything...but, I do see plenty of things one could redo or resell.  If you know me or have been to one of my sales, you know I know HOW to move inventory...I'm an expert at it...just not my own!





For more information and pictures go to:  https://wausau.craigslist.org/gms/d/to-settle-an-estate-pick-of/6371971225.html

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

UPDATE:  POST SALE

The sale was an eye opener to say the least - in MANY ways...anyway...we did it!  Now we can move forward with less stuff in our way for the actual estate sale on December 9 from 9-4.  Unless a huge snow storm - then the 16th.  Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Wish we lived closer as I would come to your picker sale. Sounds like fun! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there with my "Mike "or course I'm Frank....
    Looking forward to this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete