Monday, November 20, 2017

Motivational Monday - Finding Your Thankfulness

I'm allowing myself a bit of time to focus on negativity.  I know, I try not to waste time on this kind of thing, however I've had some rather difficult things happen to me this year.  That, unfortunately, I fed into emotionally.  I've been hard on myself for doing it...but, then I found this quote



Now, before some of you "read into" this post and send me all kinds of messages pointing out all my shortcomings to justify your speculations....(which happened to me this year)...please DON'T.  This post has nothing to do with any one thing or individual - no, wait it does...ME.  So, yet again I will say...this post is about ME...how I feel...I am sharing with others to help someone who might feel this way, turn a negative into a positive - which is what my blog is about.  I would NEVER use my blog to attack someone...(which I was accused of this year as well)...anyway...on to this post.....(now you might see why I've not blogged much lately).

Yes, we CAN be thankful for negative people...we CAN.  At the time we might focus on the hurt feelings and those scars are with us forever.  They are!  We all have them, wear them proudly...yes, I say that...it's what makes you - you.

So this being Motivational Monday and Thanksgiving week - I share that little quote with you.  As you sit down to your turkey and all the trimmings, think on thankfulness in a different way.  Be thankful for the not so nice things that happened to you this year.  

"And all things work together for the good of them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28  

When we are going through something difficult it is hard to imagine - how is this good!  However, if  "we who are called"  can make it through whatever it is .... that shows others around us that they can too.    "For there is no respect of persons with God."  Romans 2:11  "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."  Matthew 5:45

Yes, he does - all for our own good.   Our response to these situations is what He is interested in.   Are we giving Him glory even in the bad?  I have NOT, shame on me.  I need to prayerfully consider some of these as good.  I can say now I am working on it.  It's all a process people...but, in the quote above,  I can see HOW I don't want to be and be thankful for the lesson "it" taught me.  

Happy Thanksgiving and blessings from Ringle, WI.



2 comments:

  1. i LOVE the quote, i have said something similar many times in my life!!

    happy thanksgiving to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete