Thursday, March 16, 2017

Week 36 - Spiced Coconut Crinkles

I made this one up too - it's a "Dicky Bird original" 



Spiced Coconut Crinkles

1 C soft butter
2/3 C brown sugar
2/3 C granulated sugar



Cream together, add:
1 t vanilla
2 eggs
Blend together and add:
1 t allspice
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt



Mix well.  In separate bowl stir together:
2 C flour
2/3 C coconut
Add gradually to the wet mixture




In small bowl, mix 1/3 C granulated sugar, 1/2 t allspice and 1/2 t cinnamon - this is sugar coating




Roll dough into walnut size balls, shake in the sugar coating mixture.



Bake 325 for 15-18 min.  Makes:  4 doz. cookies




I hope you give them a try, they are tasty.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2017/03/foodie-friday-and-everything-else_16.html

2 comments:

  1. These look especially good.. my family loves snickerdoodles and adding coconut is a great idea... one I will have to try. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm...I know you can't eat them all..so I'll take a doz. Who does eat them all???

    ReplyDelete